Read More About: 1700 Israelis murdered, 22 existing Arab states vs. One Jewish, Broken Cameras, Israeli fllm festival, Oslo Accords, The Gatekeeper, thousands injured and maimed, UN, Yasir Arafat
Time to Annex Judea and Samaria
Redacted from a much more comprehensive article by Professor Steven Plaut
Haifi University, Israel
January 17, 2013
In a few months it will be the twentieth anniversary of the signing of the “Oslo Accord” on the White House lawn. In that signing, Yassir Arafat, on behalf of the so-called “Palestinian Liberation Organization,” committed himself and his “people” to conduct negotiations with Israel that would lead to a peaceful resolution of the Middle East Arab-Israeli conflict. He forswore unilateral actions and decisions.
Since then, the “Palestinian Authority,” which was set up by the PLO, has violated every single clause in that and the subsequent Oslo Accords. Twenty years hence, the “Palestinians” as represented by the “Authority” have yet to comply with a single one of their obligations. Arafat and his gangsters simply used the Accord as a cover to gain control over part of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. They then converted all the territory they controlled into bases for launching terrorist aggression against Israel.
The Palestinian terrorist groups have murdered at least 1700 Israeli civilians since signing that first “peace accord.” Thousands of Palestinian rockets have been launched into Israel aimed at Israeli civilians, and not just by the Hamas. “Palestinian leaders” repeat several times each day before breakfast that their aim is the obliteration of Israel altogether and that they will never recognize the legitimacy of Israel within any set of borders.
The media controlled by the “Authority” and the terrorist organizations have been thoroughly nazified; they broadcast anti-Semitic filth that exceeds what the German Nazis broadcast in the 1930s. The Gaza Strip has been completely nazified. Very little distinguishes the Islamofascism of the Hamas from the Islamofascism of the PLO, and the “president” of the Palestinian Authority is a certified Holocaust Denier.
And now to top it all off, the “Palestinian Authority” has unilaterally declared itself to be a sovereign state and applied for United Nations membership as such. This is just the latest and not even the worst violation of “Palestinian” obligations under the Oslo Accords. This unilateral “declaration” of Palestinian statehood and bid for international recognition is not just a wholesale repudiation of the Oslo Accords by the “Palestinians.” It is also as much a declaration of war.
Israel must make it crystal clear: the experimental Israeli willingness to consider acquiescing in the creation of a separate Palestinian state is over. The “Palestinians” never had a legitimate claim to statehood, in the first place, although in exchange for peace, Israel was in the past willing to overlook this. Israel must declare: The game of pretense and fiction is over. Israel is no longer willing to pretend that there exists some sort of “Palestinian people” entitled to statehood.
The “Palestinians” are Arabs, and Arabs already have 22 states. They will not get yet another inside Israeli lands. Any Palestinian wishing to enjoy national sovereignty is free to move to one of those 22 Arab states, but no Arab sovereignty will exist in Israeli territory, meaning the lands between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.
1. The West Bank belongs to Israel and is Israeli in all ways. No non-Israeli sovereignty of any form will be permitted in the territory between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. The West Bank is part of the Jewish national homeland, always was, and always will be.
2. “Palestinian” Arabs living in the West Bank will not receive Israeli citizenship and will not vote in Israeli national elections.
3. The land and resources in the West Bank will remain under Israeli supervision, control, and regulation.
4. “Palestinians” who do not wish to live under Israeli sovereignty will be free to leave. Israel may consider providing financial support, property compensation, or incentives for those so wishing to leave.
5. “Palestinians” in the West Bank will be considered to be resident aliens within the Jewish state. Many still have Jordanian passports and citizenship and will be considered resident Jordanians. “Palestinians” who do not have Jordanian citizenship will be stateless unless they obtain citizenship from some other country.
6. Jews will have the right to live anywhere they wish in the West Bank outside the reservations assigned to the “Palestinian” Arabs. The territory in the West Bank in which Arabs do not live or live sparsely, and this includes the Jordan Valley and the sparse areas in between the reservations, will be opened to unlimited Jewish settlement.
The Israeli Elections
As we have been noting here, the most dramatic development in the current Israeli election is the rise of Naftali Bennett’s Bayit Yehudi (Jewish Home) party. The polls are giving him between 14 and 18 Knesset seats and I am hoping he will do even better. He has a serious chance of pushing aside the Menshevik Party of Shelly Yachimovich (a.k.a. the Israeli Labor Party) to become the Number Two party in the next Knesset. Bennett’s rise is so dramatic that the Obama White House has been issuing statements about the “danger” to the world from the success of Bennett and his party. I cannot think of a more persuasive reason to vote for them.
On many an occasion we have commented on the Literary Left in Israel. But there also operates in Israel the Cinematic Left, which is at least as extremist and anti-Israel as the Literary Left. Propped up by subsidies from the government, far-leftist film-makers churn out bash-Israel films. The foreign anti-Semites love them. The leftist-run “Jewish film festivals” in bastions of civilization like Berkeley all feature them. Especially when they paint Israel as the New Nazi Germany.
There are two films right now by Israeli directors that are so anti-Israel that the Hollywood Left has them down as candidates for an Oscar. The two films are: 5 Broken Cameras and The Gatekeepers. Please take a look at this expose of the Cinematic Left:
Professor Plaut’s complete article:
Copy and paste both articles to your search engine to view.
Powered by Facebook Comments