At the weekly Israeli Government Cabinet meeting today (Sunday, 29 December 2013):
1. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the following remarks:
“Today, the IDF responded quickly and forcefully to the rocket fire from Lebanon. This is our policy regarding Lebanon just as it is with the Gaza Strip. We will not allow a drizzle and we will respond strongly, and if need be, will carry out preventive action. We hold the Lebanese government responsible for firing that is carried out from within its territory. What is happening in Lebanon is that Hezbollah is stationing thousands of missiles and rockets in apartments, in the heart of the civilian population, and is thus perpetrating two war crimes simultaneously. It is organizing the firing at civilians, just as it did today, and it is hiding behind civilians as human shields.
This is a double war crime that that is being perpetrated under the aegis of the Lebanese government and army, which are not lifting a finger to prevent this arming and these crimes. We hold the Lebanese government responsible for this development. We also know that Iran, of course, is behind this arming by Hezbollah. It is the same Iran which is continuing to assist the Syrian government in slaughtering civilians and which is continuing to arm terrorist organizations that are perpetrating acts of terrorism in many countries. It is also the same Iran that is currently developing centrifuges that are capable of enriching uranium six times faster than its regular centrifuges.
All of this is being done now, before the agreement with Iran is written. Even before the agreement is signed I see that the Iranian economy is recovering somewhat. We are monitoring these developments and are pointing them out to the world. We continue to see preventing the nuclearization of Iran as our main goal vis-à-vis the national security of the State of Israel, as well as the security of the region and the entire world.”
II Iran disavows the nuclear agreement made in the minds of John Kerry and the rest of the world’s useful idiots.
Iran nuclear facilities will keep running
Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:9PM GMT
Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says the country’s nuclear facilities, including Arak heavy water reactor, will continue running, dismissing Western governments’ call on Tehran to suspend activities of the facility.
“Iran’s nuclear facilities, including the Arak reactor, will continue running at full capacity,” Ali Akbar Salehi said on Thursday. He made the remarks in a meeting with Grand Ayatollah Hossein Nouri Hamedani in the holy city of Qom.
“We will never give up this important achievement and we have no intention of losing it,” Salehi said of the Arak reactor.
Earlier this month, inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) visited the Arak heavy water facility as part of Tehran’s goodwill gestures to remove ambiguities about the peaceful nature of its nuclear energy program.
The United States, Israel, and some of their allies have repeatedly accused Iran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear energy program. Iran rejects the allegation, arguing that as a committed signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and a member of the IAEA, it has the right to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
Salehi also said Iran’s recent nuclear deal with the six world powers protects the Islamic Republic’s nuclear rights.
In November, Iran and six world powers ˆ the US, Britain, Russia, China, France and Germany ˆ signed a landmark nuclear deal in the Swiss city of Geneva to set the stage for the full resolution of the Western standoff over Iran’s nuclear energy program.
Powered by Facebook Comments