From: Genesis (B’Reishit), Parsha: Lekh L’kha Chapter 12:1-9
The Divine Call and the Promises
1.The Lord said to Abram, “Go forth from your native land and from your father’s house to the land that I will show you.”
2. “I will make of you a great nation, And I will bless you; I will make your name great, And you shall be a blessing.”
3. “I will bless those who bless you And curse him that curses you; And all the families of the earth Shall bless themselves by you.”
4. Abram went forth as the LORD had commanded him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran.
5. Abram took his wife Sarai and his brother’s son Lot, and all the wealth that they had amassed, and the persons that they had acquired in Haran; and they set out for the land of Canaan. When they arrived in the land of Canaan,
6. Abram passed through the land as far as the site of Shechem
(Now called Nablus and given into the hands of the Arabs by the Israelis and in thanks, the Arabs have made Nablus the epicenter of terrorism and hatred against the Israelis), at the terebinth (A small Mediterranean tree that is a source of tanning material and turpentine)
of Moreh. The Canaanites were then in the land.
7. The LORD appeared to Abram and said, “I will assign this land to your offspring” And he built an altar there to the LORD who had appeared to him.
8. From there he moved on to the hill country east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; and he built there an altar to the LORD and invoked the LORD by name.
9. Then Abram journeyed by stages toward the Negeb.
Powered by Facebook Comments